Свернуть
X
  • Фильтр
  • Время
  • Показать
Очистить всё
новые сообщения

• TOEFL - how is it?

Does anyone have any experience in TOEFL test or program? Maybe someone passed it or tried to? Can you tell me more about it? Is there any table of points I should get to have a chance to study in US university?

Сообщение от AndreyKan Посмотреть сообщение
    Does anyone have any experience in TOEFL test or program? Maybe someone passed it or tried to? Can you tell me more about it? Is there any table of points I should get to have a chance to study in US university?
    Just check this link.
    http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/m...0022f95190RCRD

U shall get a plenty of info there.

Second - here ....http://www.europe.etseurope.org/

And if u want to study in the USA, look here .... http://www.collegeboard.com/student/index.html?student

and here ... http://toeflpractice.ets.org/
    Завтра не бывает ...
    Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

Yeah I know ETS, I was there yesterday. Thanx for the other links anyway )))

Комментарий

Yeah I know ETS, I was there yesterday. Thanx for the other links anyway )))
        Try to find some kind of manual..... You need to learn a lot of words ... So u should find a list of them somewhere ...
        Завтра не бывает ...
        Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

Сообщение от Brod Посмотреть сообщение
          Try to find some kind of manual..... You need to learn a lot of words ... So u should find a list of them somewhere ...
          I have several CDs with Preparation courses ))) I hope they will help me )))

Комментарий

I have several CDs with Preparation courses ))) I hope they will help me )))
            It is enough ... As for test level just check statistics of us universities ...
            Завтра не бывает ...
            Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

check of ... what?

Комментарий

Сообщение от cure_NY Посмотреть сообщение
                check of ... what?
                I think he means "score" ))

Комментарий

I think he means "score" ))
                  I do not mean score as itself .... The score as itself is not so important. If you intend to study there, you'd better check individual "passing" or admission level or cutoffs of this score of each individual university ....

For example .... Cornell.... http://admissions.cornell.edu/resour...#international

They give guidelines and benchmarks for international students somewhere ... Sorry, have no time to dig through ....
                  Завтра не бывает ...
                  Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

To pass TOEFL is complex enough. Brod is right when he claims you should learn a lot of new words, a lot of grammar structures. Your head will be rounded as well as your hands won't rise while preparing for TOEFL.

Advice for you - use not only CDs for your preparation, but attend any TOEFL courses, in the British Council, ect. You had better do it. They are effective enough, but expensive, and they will help you to do your best in particular TOEFUL features. These courses are divided to some parts like grammar test, listening, writing a composition and so on. Thus, these courses safeguards you from your fall in the exam, I claim.

Keep in mind TOEFL is not no-go-area, although It's very difficult! GO ahead, I wish you good luck!

Комментарий

Сообщение от Ranell Посмотреть сообщение
                      the British Council, ect.
                      I've heard that the British Council does not exist anymore/// But may by I am mistaken ...
                      Завтра не бывает ...
                      Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

I've heard that the British Council does not exist anymore/// But may by I am mistaken ...
                        Without any embellishment you are making a great mistake. It exists, existed and will exist! It'll exist untill we have the end of the Solar system

Комментарий

Сообщение от Ranell Посмотреть сообщение
                          It exists, existed and will exist! It'll exist untill we have the end of the Solar system
                          Lenin?
                          Завтра не бывает ...
                          Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

Lenin?
                            It's a joke, Dear BROD!

Комментарий

First of all, British Council exists. Secondly, BC doesn’t relate to TOEFL, TOEFL is only for American universities.

The problem with courses is that I have to visit too many places and I don’t know the exact schedule ((( That is why I don’t start any courses right now.

Thanx anyway ··········

Комментарий

AndreyKan Do you still need an information upon the subject?
                                That is why I don’t start any courses right now.
                                Well anyway Toefl is supposed for those whos level of English proficiency is higher than intermidiate. I think you have already an idea of what TOEFL is, and which parts it consists of, and actually I can understand why take GMAT preparation courses but I can not understand why pay for TOEFL preparation? The guides are enough (I prefer Cliffs guide, the yellow one)

and yeah, BC doesn’t relate to TOEFL, TOEFL is only for American universities. Think IELTS while mentioning BC but you are not quite right. Some Europian universities admit TOEFL results (e.g. INSEAD, London Business School) but most American universities do not admit anything but TOEFL.

Good luck

Комментарий

Insomnia, I would prefer to continue my education in one of US universities. That is why Toefl is so important for me. Anyway this is a good advantage which can be used for my next employers.

Комментарий

I would prefer to continue my education in one of US universities
                                    Just one question: are you sure that you need exactly US university? i studied in san-francisco state uni. it wasn't too fun((( and it was a little bit stupid.
                                    just my point of view: Europe is better!

Комментарий

Сообщение от IrishkaOdessa Посмотреть сообщение
                                      i studied in san-francisco state uni. it wasn't too fun((( and it was a little bit stupid.
                                      It was a bad choice.

Комментарий

Okay okay, I have a question - can you tell me about your experience of education abroad? Especially in USA.

Комментарий

Okay okay, I have a question - can you tell me about your experience of education abroad? Especially in USA.
                                          There are more than 3000 universities of different level. I would suggest you to look through www.collegeboard.com. It is quite helpful. Never rely on someone's experience of study there. It is very individual. Also get through this link http://www.usnews.com/usnews/home.htm. Try to find something like "Куда пойти учиться?". They issue a lot of different books on f.e. East Coast Universities and so on ... Having such an issue, you will be able to compare hundreds of universities from different angles. They also have lots of books on how to become a student. Just find.
                                          Завтра не бывает ...
                                          Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

Brod, did you learn abroad?

Frankly speaking, someone's experience could be very interesting and useful so i try to know all possible information

Комментарий

AndreyKan someone's experience could be very interesting and useful so i try to know all possible information
                                              Please refer to mbaconsult Service then.

Комментарий

Offtop:
                                                I propose to rename the subject to 'Education abroad (universities,business schools,exams etc.) to discuss more wide range of questions.

Комментарий

As for me I also would prefer to study somewhere in Europe... Ohhh. Where are my high teens or low twenties
                                                  USA is so far...

For example I have recently heard that Malta offers some good opportunities based on quite high educational level and very attractive/reasonable price policy...

In 1990 (during attacks on WTC) I have been on North Cyprus. There is one university where they claim for highest European educational and campus standarts. As per their booklets there almost 80% of students and 90% professors are from Northern European countries...

Комментарий

Brod, did you learn abroad?
                                                    Frankly speaking, someone's experience could be very interesting and useful so i try to know all possible information
                                                    I did not.... But I have some experience... And I know people who did .... and who is still there ....
                                                    Завтра не бывает ...
                                                    Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

I did not.... But I have some experience... And I know people who did .... and who is still there ....
                                                      So how did they do it? Grand? Or did they pay for the education?

Комментарий

There are two ways indeed. Or to pay your own moneys or get some grants.

Комментарий

So how did they do it? Grand? Or did they pay for the education?
                                                          Money never comes from the Heaven ... Check this link http://www.collegeboard.com/student/pay

You will have to pay most of the price. It is very hard for a foreigner to get either loan, or grant.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/...pay/index.html
                                                          http://www.collegeboard.com/student/...o-pay/448.html

И еще

http://www.collegeboard.com/parents/

These links must be very helpful. Take your time and study them. But I would also recommend to find a good book on how to get to American university ...
                                                          Завтра не бывает ...
                                                          Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

Сообщение от WebDweller Посмотреть сообщение
                                                            There are two ways indeed.
                                                            Three or four ways at least ... Do not forget about loans, scholarships etc....
                                                            Завтра не бывает ...
                                                            Tomorrow never comes ...

Комментарий

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему

Свернуть

Присутствует 1. Участников: 0, гостей: 1.

Обработка...
                                                            X