X
  • Фильтр
  • Время
  • Показать
Очистить всё
новые сообщения

• Middle Office

Dear All,

I was recently involved in a discussion regarding the differencies in the role of a middle office in Russian and Western banks. They actually claimed, they are totally different and when I say "middle office" people may understand different things.

Any comments? Agree? Disagree? Don't care ?

If I'm not mistaken the structure is the following:
    Front-office - direct sales of goods and services, relation with clients. Centers of profit.
    Middle-office - methodology. Dedicated to rape f.o. and b.o.
    Back-office - dedicated to provide functioning of all the levels of the organisation. Administration functions, accounting etc.
    What are the functions of the middle office? I've found such explanation:
    The group of employees in a financial services company that manages risk, calculates profits and losses, and (generally) is in charge of information technology. The middle office draws on the resources of both the front and the back offices.
    Could you clarify what said your opponents and what "the West" thinks about it?

Комментарий

What are the functions of the middle office? I've found such explanation:
      The group of employees in a financial services company that manages risk, calculates profits and losses, and (generally) is in charge of information technology. The middle office draws on the resources of both the front and the back offices.

100% agree. this is the right explanation, as far as i know from my experience.
      Последний раз редактировалось Толномур; 28.08.2006, 16:26.
      Ленин - жил, Ленин - ел, Ленин - пил.

Комментарий

Banking Middle office has now very important role in international banking arena.

Whats about IT solution for MO?

Do you know them?

Are they relevant for Russian Market?

Комментарий

Hello! Yes, in advanced banking systems the structure of the bank is like the following. There is front-office that generates profit margin, in other words, earns profit for the bank. There is back office that fulfills administrutive functions, the main task is to provide an uninterrupted documents circulation within the bank and with bank's counterageunts. Middle-office a particular department which devotes a plenty of time to operating, market and credit risk controlling, risk-management methods applyed in the bank, liquidity controlling. It's the intermediary department between front office and back office.
          At the same time, not all Russian banks have in their structure their own middle offices in comprasion to their west counterparts. So they are not so relevant in small banks. Only in several separated medium-sized ones and large banks.

Комментарий

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему

Свернуть

Присутствует 1. Участников: 0, гостей: 1.

Обработка...
          X